Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Animals want your home to smell nice.

I'd like to mention that before I actually sat down and watched this on youtube I literally had no idea what company was making these plug-ins. This might explain a lot about how I choose to live my life.

Mrs. Bunny loves a clean smelling house

So I can't embed the video b/c its disabled on youtube and it's not really worth my time right now to see if I can find one that can. I'll see if I can't do it later anyway. So what really piqued my interest wasn't this commercial which aired in England but the one with the Ant family. The Ant mommy (because the only people who care about how the house smells are the mommies) says something about how she may be small but strong. From a very early age I remember being taught that ants are very strong. It seems common knowledge. I've seen Atom Ant and all the crazy stuff he can do. (He just lifted an armored truck! Holy Crap! Look he's so small the bad guy can't see him! I'm going to go home and burn my Spiderman comics!)

I think the main thing with this series of commercials is how it really makes sense for a rabbit to be promoting something like an air freshener. I used to have rabbits as a kid. They smell. I can't really answer for other animals in the series (like ants, or an octopus) but if you're trying to sell a fragrance its probably good to use an animal to demonstrate its effectiveness. What I don't like is how utterly negligent this mommy rabbit is. She cares about a clean smelling house but doesn't bat an eye at her kid trying to use the toaster to burn the house down or her husband leaving his gym shoes in the middle of the floor and doesn't say anything when a shoe (who throws a shoe?) is thrown at a toddler. Then the camera pans out and all of her kids are leaving their shoes on the floor. Maybe Mrs. Rabbit spent less time worrying about her Airwick and more about keeping her kids in line then maybe she wouldn't have so great a need for an air freshener. Seriously Mrs. Rabbit, make the kids keep the shoes outside.



Mrs. Rabbit likes her house to smell nice but her husband to be absolutely helpless and sex crazed. It's like every family sitcom made this decade!

No comments:

Post a Comment