Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2009

What your "Fun" says about you

Latest I've seen in D&B's "Fun" Campaign.



Dave & Buster's has started this ad campaign using your "Fun" which is a little mini-you that looks like you and follows you around and talks to much. Kind of like a child or younger sibling except that this commercial shows that they are apparently allowed to drink, albeit in mini-mugs(and then get mini-drunk but refuse to get in a mini-taxi and try driving home in their mini-minicar and mini-kill someone innocent, how long will we let Dave and Busters promote their campaign of death?). Anyway, watching the commercial that I posted above got me thinking about how far I can stretch out the idea of having your "Fun" becoming a dis-embodied piece of you. If the date goes really well and the guy ends up staying with the girl that night what do their respective Funs do? Are they contractually (is their a contract? Is your Fun born with you? You see where I'm taking this) obligated to participate in the same manner as their counterparts? What if the relationship takes off does that mean the Funs are stuck together? Can one couple break up and the other stay together? What sort of Freudian analysis is there when you break up but your Funs stay together? I think it'd be worse with the opposite since your Fun obviously sees that it doesn't work with the other person and is probably sitting around wondering why you're still fooling with the other person. What if your therapist's Fun gives your Fun a different diagnosis.
On to the commercial at hand though. The thing I noticed is that when the guy comes to the door and the girl opens up its clear that she was preparing to not have fun. But she wasn't going to bring her fun because she assumed the guy wasn't going to bring his Fun, and they'd do something lame like go to a movie on their first date. I hope I never meet this girl and subsequently want to date her. If I was that dude that would send a huge flare for me about how this relationship might pan out. I'd play it cool and then drop something like this on her, "hey so remember when you thought I'd be so lame that you even told your fun to go ahead and stay home tonight?" and then I then I get up and leave and make her pick up the tab. I'm a charmer though so I don't know if that would work for everyone.
So lesson learned, always bring your Fun along because you never know when the next guy you date actually isn't insufferably lame and knows what to do to have a good time. As long as a good time to both you and him is basically an adult Chuck E. Cheese where you don't even get to gamble.

No comments:

Post a Comment