Search This Blog

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mastercard wants you to wear jeans.



The title of the post and the commercial kind of say it all. Mastercard apparently has said their peace and made their stand. Their stand is with jeans. To back this up they use iconic photos/scenes of iconic people wearing jeans. This coupled with the fact that the pants they mention aren't good ideas for being fashionable anyway(Pleated pants? Capris? I wear Khaki Shorts though and I don't know how the Ramones could go through a show wearing those tight jeans, Maybe thats how they stayed so skinny). Clearly there is nothing more Red blooded american than wearing jeans. Conservatives like John Wayne wore them in his patriotic movies, Counter-cultural icon Santana, and Counter-Counter-Cultural icons The Ramones. Its really kind of a perfect pairing the more I think about it. Here in America we celebrate the blue-collar worker and mourn the loss of the type of life where you sit screwing bolts into something for hours at a time. But we also love unrestrained economic freedom and the Mastercard says that everybody has a chance at that. Common sense and capitalism. God bless America.

So anyway, my favorite part of the commercial is at the end where by using your mastercard you could win jeans and a trip. Naturally every time I get a new pair of jeans I get this unexplainable urge to head off to parts unknown. Since I can't always just get up and go I just use my mastercard to buy more jeans to make up for the emptiness I feel at not being well traveled. Or something like that.

EDIT: My g/f just summed my lengthy rambling thusly, "khakis? pleats? that shits for queers! buy jeans! go places!" Buy jeans or the ride warriors will tye you to the batman ride at sixflags. Seriously

DOUBLE EDIT: The more I think about this the harder it gets, what is wrong with shorts? I mean they aren't good for anything that requires any sort of formality but rarely are jeans either. Seriously, I'm going to find someone doing something important while they're wearing khaki shorts. And really as far as shorts go you're much better off with khaki than jean shorts. For a guy at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment